Carrie Harris | Young Adult Author

A signed copy of MOONGLASS by Jessi Kirby

Donated by: Jessi Kirby

I have a confession to make--I'm not only obsessed with zombies, but I also love the water. And MOONGLASS is one of the best beachy reads I've ever read! I plan to bring a copy with me on vacay, sit by the water, and BURN. But it'll be worth it to read it again. This book is summery and romantic and heartbreaking all at once. You know you want to bid on a signed copy...and probably some sunblock.

Prize details:
The winner will receive a signed hardcover of MOONGLASS by Jessi Kirby.

About MOONGLASS:
I read once that water is a symbol for emotions. And for a while now, I've thought maybe my mother drowned in both.

Anna's life is upended when her father accepts a job transfer the summer before her junior year. It's bad enough that she has to leave her friends and her life behind, but her dad is moving them to the beach where her parents first met and fell in love- a place awash in memories that Anna would just as soon leave under the surface.

While life on the beach is pretty great, with ocean views and one adorable lifeguard in particular, there are also family secrets that were buried along the shore years ago. And the ebb and flow of the ocean's tide means that nothing- not the sea glass that she collects on the sand and not the truths behind Anna's mother's death- stays buried forever.

About Jessi Kirby:

I grew up in Mammoth Lakes, CA where stunning scenery and a few very special teachers inspired me to write. As soon as I graduated high school, I made for the beach and eventually ended up in Orange County with a happy little family and a job as an English teacher.

And then by luck, or coincidence, or some cosmic force, things lined up for me to take a shot at my dream. I moved to a little gem of a beach called Crystal Cove, which is the setting for MOONGLASS; I had the opportunity to go from working as a full-time English teacher to working as a part-time librarian; and...I was about to turn 30 (more on that in the FAQ section too.) Long story short: after deciding to go for it and putting in a lot of hard work, I finished MOONGLASS, which is my first novel.

This item will close on July 25th at 2 PM EST.

9 comments:

Place your bids here! The comments are for BIDDING ONLY--send questions, comments, and silly jokes direct to me at carrie@carrieharrisbooks.com.

Bidding for all items starts at $10 US. Only increasing bids count. Please proofread your bids! Bids can be retracted within an HOUR of being placed.

By placing a bid, you agree to the basic rules posted with the auction listings.

 


2010 Carrie Harris. All rights reserved. Website design by Manning Leonard Krull.